–revised from Allrecipes.com
I made this with cue ball squash and it was delicious!- Casey-Mae
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar or sucanat
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups coconut oil
- 3 cups grated zucchini or cue ball squash (peeled if skin is tough)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a bundt pan
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add the eggs and oil, mix well. Fold in the (optional) nuts and zucchini until they are evenly distributed. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool cake completely before frosting (optional) with your favorite frosting.